At Santee Electric Cooperative, member service is our top priority! Our employees take great pride in their work and they do their best to respond quickly and efficiently to your request for assistance. If you would like to speak to someone in our Member Service Department, please contact us with any questions or comments.
Connect a Service
Apply Now Online
In order to apply for electric service online:
- You must provide all information requested on the application. You will not be able to submit the application if any of the required fields are left blank.
- You will be required to upload a copy of your government-issued identification card.
- If you rent or lease the location, a copy of the lease or rental agreement must be uploaded.
- An application must be completed for EVERY meter that needs service.
- Applications will be reviewed during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, excluding holidays) and you will be contacted by phone to complete the application process.
Please visit any of our five locations and our Member Services Department will be glad to take your application. An online credit check will be done on new members and a deposit may be required. For active members, in-house credit is used to determine deposits.
Please have the following information available when you arrive:
- Drivers License (or picture ID)
- Social Security Number of all applicants
- Home and work phone numbers
- Email address (if applicable)
- Service address (meter number is helpful if an existing service)
- Mailing address
- Location of property
Phone Number: 843-355-6187
Address: 424 Sumter Hwy
Kingstree, SC 29556
Phone Number: 843-546-4521
Address: 92 West Virginia Rd.
Georgetown, SC 29440
Phone Number: 843-558-3313
Address: 202 East Broad St.
Hemingway, SC 29554
Phone Number: 843-374-3000
Address: 349 West Main St.
Lake City, SC 29560
Phone Number: 803-473-4036
Address: 3191 Highway 260
Manning, SC 29102
Disconnect A Service
Our member services department will be glad to take disconnects via phone.
Please have your account number(s) handy and be able to provide
phone numbers where you can be reached during the day.
Please also indicate if you have
more than one account
The Energy Experts™ at Santee Electric are ready to answer any questions you might have about electric safety, energy efficiency or any one of the many programs we offer.
At your request, an Energy Expert will also perform an Energy Audit to help you determine how energy efficient your home or business is and recommend improvements.
To speak to an Energy Expert, call +1-843-355-6187 or contact us and ask to speak to an Energy Expert.
Call Before Digging
South Carolina law requires a 72-hour notice (three working days) before you dig. Please call PUPS - Palmetto Utility Protection Service at +1-800-922-0983 or 811 indicating the account number (if available), 911 address location and day you plan to begin digging. It is also important that you leave a phone number where you can be reached during working hours.
Digging without proper location of lines can cause serious consequences in power outages, injuries, or death.
Power On Call
Santee Electric Cooperative now offers financing for the purchase of emergency backup generators! Power-On-Call provides for purchases up to $1,500 with no interest, up to 12 months with approved credit.
Our two purchase options:
- Sign up at any Santee Electric office and we'll provide a list of preferred local dealers. Select the generator you want, sign an agreement form, and the total can be divided over 12 months of electric bills, with no interest. Then you can present your voucher and pick up your generator. (Pending credit approval)
- If you purchase a generator from another vendor, take your receipt to any Santee Electric office and sign an agreement to be reimbursed up to $1,500. The total can be divided over 12 months of electric bills, with no interest. (Before you purchase equipment, speak with a member services representative to get credit approval for reimbursement.)
Santee Electric Cooperative makes no warranties of any kind to the member with regard to the equipment sold. Manufacturer warranties are to be maintained and executed by the member directly with the manufacturer.
For more information on our generator program or to see if you qualify, please contact us.
Power On Call (Portable Generator) Approved Vendor
Kingstree True Value 843-355-6382
Kingstree Power Equipment 843-355-9965
Kingstree Napa Auto Parts (Stuckey Bros) 843-354-6573
Napa Auto Parts of Andrews 843-246-5265
Swinnie Building Supply 843-264-5555
KG Smith 843-210-7368
Southern Distributors 843-394-3624
Palmetto Hardware, Inc. 843-374-8326
Sparrow and Kennedy Tractor Co 843-389-2727
Hemingway Hardware 843-558-1144
Palmetto Outdoors 803-433-7673
M & M Enterpises 803-473-9911
Napa Auto Parts of Georgetown 843-546-2466
Georgetown Small Engines 843-546-7205